Asparagus Risotto with Wild Caught Salmon
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 bunches Fresh asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup Risotto rice (such as Arborio, Carnaroli, or Vialone Nano)
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated Parmesan (or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese)
- 2 cans (6oz each) Wild Planet Wild Sockeye Salmon (or Wild Pink Salmon, drained and flaked)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Steam (or blanch) asparagus pieces until cooked but still crisp, about 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Heat chicken broth in a medium saucepan on low heat, do not bring to a boil.
- Warm extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic and risotto rice, cooking until rice is slightly toasted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add apple cider vinegar, stirring constantly until most of the vinegar has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly add warmed chicken broth, one cup at a time, allowing the liquid to absorb into the rice mixture. Continue cooking until rice is tender and mixture becomes creamy, stirring frequently, about 20-25 minutes.
- Gently stir in steamed asparagus pieces and heat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir butter into rice mixture. Add lemon juice and grated cheese.
- Gently fold in flaked Wild Planet Salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with a bit of chopped parsley and serve.
- You can substitute some or all of the canned salmon with fresh salmon that's been cooked and flaked.
Serving: 6gSodium: 684mgCalcium: 317mgVitamin C: 23mgVitamin A: 1356IUSugar: 3.4gFiber: 3gPotassium: 484.2mgCholesterol: 45mgCalories: 282kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 4.3gFat: 12gProtein: 17gCarbohydrates: 26gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!