This fresh and tasty soup is loaded with beans and fresh vegetables. It hits the spot no matter what time of year it is!
Mom’s Bean Soup
I adapted my mom's original, delicious bean soup to create this body-comp-friendly version.
- 4 cans Beans (Some varieties to consider: navy beans, adzuki beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans, etc.)
- 2 cups Mirepoix (Building block of celery, onion and carrot sauté)
- 2 pounds Ground turkey breast (cooked)
- 2 Butternut squash (cut into 3/4' cubes)
- 2 28-ounce cans Stewed tomatoes (can substitute some or all of the canned tomatoes with fresh, seeded and chopped tomatoes)
- 4 cloves Garlic (mashed)
- 2 32-ounce boxes Chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 Bay leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Spice Hunter Chef Blend or Citrus herb seasoning by Noble Made (to taste)
- 16 ounces Fresh spinach and/or kale
- Combine all ingredients except spinach and/or kale in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Let soup simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in fresh spinach and/or kale and cook for 5 additional minutes.
Sodium: 57mgCalcium: 62mgVitamin C: 23mgVitamin A: 10118IUSugar: 3gFiber: 3gPotassium: 528mgCholesterol: 25mgCalories: 98kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 12gCarbohydrates: 11gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!