The Best Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Try
This is a Solaris Whole Health favorite. There is nothing better than a delicious bowl of chili, and it’s perfect for your next party or get-together. The addition of the tart cherries adds in a bit of sweetness and makes this chili even heartier. This one is bound to be a crowd-pleaser! It is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 16 oz. can organic black beans undrained
- 1 roasted red pepper cut into quarter inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries chopped
- 2 cups lower sodium organic chicken broth divided
- 1 cup scallions chopped green tops included
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. mustard wet or dry yellow or dijon
- 1 28 oz. can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat 1 cup of broth. Place chopped cherries in a bowl and add hot broth. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté till onions are soft and translucent – about 4-5 min.
- Add garlic and cook 1 min. Add turkey and cook till no longer pink.
- Add roasted red pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, mustard and basil. Cook over med/hi stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and remaining chicken broth. Then simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Stir in beans, cilantro, and cherries in broth. Heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with avocado and red onion.
Substitute dried cranberries if you can’t find dried tart cherries.
Calories: 256kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 18gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 316mgPotassium: 681mgFiber: 8gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1292IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!