Morning Glory Muffins
Combined with a variety of fruits and veggies to create a delicious nutrient desnse muffin. Morning glory muffins are made with almond flour, carrots, apples, coconuts, cinnamon, and raisins.
- 1 cup Alternative Sugar by King Arthur (or truvia etc)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil or 1/2 cup applesauce to cut fat from 14g to 7 g / muffin
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots grated
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1/2 cup Raw apple peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Pecans - optional chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (sugar through vanilla) in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (flour through cinnamon) in another bowl. Add to the liquid ingredients and stir until just moistened. Gently fold in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into well-greased muffin tins to about two-thirds full (about 1/4 cup batter per muffin). Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until light gold on the edges and tops.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!