Beet-Rosemary Detox Soup
This beautiful soup is unique and nourishing, and full of compounds that assist the liver in detoxification. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 to 3 medium Beets peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 6 cups Water or vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley or mint optional, for garnish
Heat the oil in a 6-quart pot over medium heat.
Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, until soft and beginning to change color. Add remaining ingredients except for the parsley, cover , and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Purée the soup in the pot using an immersion blender, or carefully transfer the soup to a blender and purée in batches until smooth and creamy.
Taste and adjust the salt and seasoning if necessary. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or mint, if desired.
Sodium: 833mgCalcium: 28mgVitamin C: 6mgVitamin A: 95IUSugar: 5gFiber: 2gPotassium: 227mgCalories: 77kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 5gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 8gIron: 1mg